Accumulation of slippery snow can hamper the safety of your employees, workers, clients, and the general public. Moreover, snow accumulated over certain shrubs, grass, and plants can disrupt their natural health and growth. Thus, it is essential to hire snow removal experts to remove the unwanted snow before it freezes over to keep your plants & property safe and healthy.
Here are some tips that can help you select the most appropriate snow-removal service for your property.
1. Start earlyIt is never untimely to start shopping for snow removal. In fact, you should search for the best snow removal company at the earliest. You can also consider asking your lawn care provider if they offer snow removal services before the snow season arrives. If you wait until it starts snowing, you may find yourself last on their priority list.
2. Get multiple estimatesAlways make sure to obtain quotations from different snow removal companies. It is also advised to ask appropriate questions to understand what services the estimate covers. Consider asking them whether they clear sidewalks, including public ones. Every service is different, so it’s important to get an inkling of what services they include in the package you’re buying.
3. Ask for referencesConsider asking for snow removal companies' references from the people near you or friends, etc. You can also visit your neighbors to find out about companies that already work in your locality. Keep in mind to ask questions about reliability, the timing of snow removal, or any potential issues you may encounter while dealing with certain snow removal companies.
4. Understand the pricingMost snow removal companies price their services depending on driveway length and the complexity of the task. While other companies charge a set, pre-determined price for the snow season, regardless of how often they plow snow at your home. Some other companies may base their pricing on snowfall totals, charging one rate up to a particular snow depth and adding extra charges for each inch of additional snow. Thus, always ask about their pricing model and payment options.
5. Check out their equipmentWhether you want your potential snow removal company to deal with the snow on your public sidewalk, driveway, or entry walk, ask about their equipment. Ensure that their set of equipment looks efficient and well-maintained to accomplish the task. This is particularly important when you pay by the hour.
6. Plan the snow removal processWhen finalizing your potential snow removal company, consider working out a plan ahead of time about where you are going to pile up the snow. Avoid pushing snow into the streets as it can block the driveway for the local public. Some top-notch companies may also offer to mark off your driveway edges and other tricky spots with staked reflectors to assist the plow drivers.
7. Sign a contractA qualified lawn care and snow removal company typically offers a written contract to its clients. Therefore, read the agreement carefully and ask questions until you understand it completely. You can also consider asking questions like “what happens if you decide to move out and cancel the services”, to understand your obligations clearly.
If you wish to give the best care to your property's lawn, we are here for your assistance. At Lawnfather Inc., we offer authentic yet inexpensive property maintenance solutions throughout the year in Calgary. Our services include lawn mowing, spring clean-up, grass cutting, snow removal, fertilizer, weed control, and sod & turf for residential and commercial properties. Contact us at (403)499-8410 or write to email@example.com. Please send your queries on our contact form.