A well-nourished, healthy lawn remarkably improves the quality of your lifestyle while enhancing the overall appearance of your property. It prevents noise pollution and works as a stress-buster, also enabling calmer and peaceful surroundings. A well-maintained lawn amplifies the air quality and boosts the overall arrangement of any residential or commercial space. To help you make your yard an attraction of your neighborhood, here are the few practical tips for you to give the best maintenance care to your lawn:
1. Mow grass weeklyOne of the most effective tips to maintain a beautiful lawn is regular grass mowing. Practicing regular lawn mowing every week during the spring and winter should be part of every lawn owner's standard lawn care routine. However, depending on the climatic change, you can adjust the frequency of your lawn mow. To keep the grass hydrated, it is recommended to mow lawns in the early evening. Also, make sure to cut only about one-third of grass height each time you mow.
2. Use a water sprinkler every morningAnother essential ingredient to a healthy lawn is an adequate supply of water. An ideal watering schedule can be two or three times a week between 6 AM to 10 AM. It is vital to understand the water requirements of your lawn grass. For instance, the grass does not require water every day unless new grass seeds grow in your backyard. However, it is best to use a water sprinkler to get the maximum benefits from your watering routine.
3. Customize the grass for better performanceDifferent grass varieties perform differently depending on their region's specific climatic and rainfall amounts. Therefore, make sure to choose suitable grass based on your locality's weather conditions. However, it is best to customize the grass for the ideal performance for new areas or properties where the lawn requires complete reconditioning. Contacting a lawn professional will enable you to fetch some personalized recommendations for your new lawn.
4. Add fertilizer to your maintenance routineTo develop the greener grass on your side of the property, consider adding the necessary fertilizers to your lawn care routine. Fertilizing your lawn is an easy-to-do project for every homeowner, only requiring a lawn spreader and a good-quality fertilizer that matches the grass type. Before fertilization, it is crucial to water your lawn in advance to prepare the soil to support appropriate fertilization in the yard.
5. Invest in weed controlFor most homeowners, preventing weed growth in their lawn is one of the most challenging tasks. Practicing basic lawn maintenance techniques can help in controlling the weed. A scheduled mowing, deep watering, and fertilization of your lawn are a few activities that enable you to keep away your weed growth. However, taking the assistance of a lawn care professional will help you avoid damage to your lawn.
6. Reseed the thin areas of your lawnIf you notice some patchy areas in your lawn then, it is time to do some reseeding. Lawn spots overgrown with weeds may also need reseeding. It is best to begin the process by removing all weeds with a powerful herbicide and choosing the right grass type that suits your climate zone. Always rake and aerate the soil to blend it for seeding.
If you are looking for more interesting yet cost-effective tips and techniques to nourish your lawn then, we are here at your assistance. At Lawnfather Inc., we offer authentic yet inexpensive property maintenance solutions throughout the year in Calgary. Our services include lawn mowing, spring clean-up, grass cutting, snow removal, fertilizer, weed control, and sod & turf for residential and commercial clients. To know more, contact us at our phone no. (403)499-8410 or write to us at our email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your queries on our contact form.